Here is an updated message from Waterford Valley High with regards to course selection and parent/guardian information session set for next week.
Mini enrichment course selection catalogue and application forms are now available. This is open to all grade 7 to 9 students, however, students must be able to represent our school well and be mature and respectful enough to be a guest of an adult learning site. Application fee is $45 and must accompany the application form. Applications are due in before March 11. If students have any questions, they can see Ms Hart.
Don’t forget that this week is Spirit Week along with Shea Heights Community Winterfest!
Monday, Feb. 24th
- Class Colors Day –9/K are red, 8/4 are blue, 7/3 are green, 6/2 are purple, 5/1 are yellow
- Swimming lessons – Grades 3-5 pm session
Tuesday, Feb. 25th
- Twin/Triplet Day
- DARE Program starts in Grade 6
Wednesday, Feb. 26th
- Sea of Pink Day – wear pink shirts to school
- Be more kind than you already are!
- School Council meeting at 6 pm
Thursday, February 27th
- Kids Eat Smart Breakfast Blitz
- Harbour Strings at 3 pm
- Throwback Thursday – dress from your favorite decade
- Winterfest Karaoke , 6:30 -8:00 pm, in school gym
- Kindergarten Pics at 9am
Friday, February 28th
- Kinderstart ( no school for Kindergarten students)
- Grade 2 Field Trip to the Rooms – morning session
- School Swag/Colors/ Favorite Team Jersey Day
SJB is very excited to celebrate Spirit Week next week and partner with the Shea Heights Community Board in celebrating Winterfest! Here is a poster outlining the upcoming events. More info will be posted on Friday!
- Mon., Feb. 10th – Swimming Lessons for Grades 3-5 students in the afternoon session
- Tues. Feb. 11th – School Lunch Envelopes due back
- Thurs. , Feb. 13th – Harbour Strings at 3 pm
- Fri., Feb 14th – Valentine’s Day
Mon., Feb. 3rd – Swimming Lessons for Grades 3-5 students in the afternoon session
Thurs. , Feb. 6th – Harbour Strings at 3 pm
Staff Appreciation Week ( Feb. 10th -14th)
Mon., Feb. 10th – Swimming Lessons for Grades 3-5 students in the afternoon session
Mon. Feb. 10th – School Lunch Envelopes due back
Professional Learning for Staff on Tues., Feb. 11th and Wed. Feb. 12th – no school for students
Thurs. , Feb. 13th – Harbour Strings at 3 pm
Fri., Feb 14th – Valentine’s Day
Please note that the pl sessions that were scheduled for Jan. 30th and 31st have been rescheduled to February 11th and 12th. There will be no school for students on those days.