Please see the memo below from the NLESD with regards to an upcoming Social and Emotional Learning Initiative for students on Tuesday, May 12th.
On Friday, May 15, curbside pickup of personal items will be available for parents/guardians for the students in their household.
To make arrangements, parents/guardians must respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and indicate:
Locker Number, if known
All email requests must be in by Wednesday, May 13th at 3 pm.
Once the request is received, parents/guardians will receive a specific time on Friday, May 15, to retrieve the item(s). It is very important that parents/guardians adhere to this time as item(s) will be bagged and organized using these times.
The bagged item(s) can be picked up curbside at the student entrance of SJB. To limit contact and to follow safety protocols, parents/guardians are asked to pop the trunks of their vehicle and the item will be placed in the trunk. Parents and guardians will then close the trunk, as staff personnel are not permitted to touch vehicles.
There will be no entry to the general school area.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us
Take care of yourselves and one another.
Linda and Lionel
Some of you may have received a text message from NLESD this morning. This was something that was scheduled to go out on March 13th from district but got delayed due to the pandemic. Essentially it is granting permission to the school to send you messages via text. It is completely voluntary. We will continue to send out school wide messages via email, website and social media!
As we are using more and more of google classroom to communicate with our students, we would like to share this resource with our families. Thanks to Ms. Gaulton for sharing with us!
We encourage our Bosco students to take part in this worthwhile activity! Sounds like a great opportunity to share all the wonderful things you are doing!
- As we continue to refresh and develop resources for our Learning at Home website, our team is focused on Well-Being, to help continue the learning while in-school instruction has been suspended.
- We are looking for the assistance of our students for a special student voice district project.
- We are seeking submissions of short, personal videos from grade 7 – Level III students speaking to their peers reaffirming the importance working together and flattening the curve. For example: physical distancing, connecting with friends online, new innovative ways of learning school subjects, new projects learned (baking/guitar/piano/new sport trick, , flattening the curve, hygiene practices, etc.
- Videos should be no more than 2 minutes in length and submissions will be accepted for potential use up to and including Thursday, May 7th, 2020.
- Videos and appropriate contact information should be shared via the following secure Google Form: Student Voice
Texthelp is providing premium access to Read and Write for Google (RWG) & EquatlO for all K-12 students until the end of the 2019-2020 school year to help support remote access to accessible learning content for students during the Covid-19 pandemic. Access to these extensions will expire June 30, 2020.
Please see the attached information sheet.
Dear students and families: Don’t hesitate in these challenging times to reach out to your teachers, guidance counsellor or admin team if you need someone to talk to. The NLESD are also offering a wonderful service! Please see the memo below for more info.
We miss you!